Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ready for the Tsunami to hit Hawaii

While we were in Hawaii with the Utah Jazz Sponsors we were warned that the Tsunami was on its way and that we all needed to be ready for what ever we needed to do. So I got a bag packed (my journal, my scriptures, my phone and charger, food and water and my camera) and was dressed with running shoes on!!! The warnings started around 10pm and said that the time that it was to hit us around 3am. So, Jeff went to sleep and was in and out but me, I was awake watching the Tsunami hit Japan over and over again on the news wondering what we were going to experience. We were able to stay in our hotel room because we were on the 5th floor, but anyone lower than us had to move up to the top floors. In the end we were safe but here are some pictures of how someone else spent the night coping with the unknown...to each their own right? The first picture is out our hotel room at 3 am. Jeff laughed but I wanted to picture to remember the experience even though you cannot see anything.



No comments: