Monday, September 5, 2011

Stewart's Baptism Day, April 9, 2011

As it was our first child getting baptized I was all excited to make the most of it. I wanted some special items to give Stewart so he could keep them forever. So I decided on a book I made off of Shutterfly that had some of the main events that happened in his life up til his 8th birthday, then I had each one of his Grandparents add their testimony and then at the baptism I had those that were there sign it and write a little note. It worked out beautifully. Then I also had a quilt made for him by my friend Amber Johnson. She put his name and baptism date on it. It was amazing. But just as always the most special thing that day was that when he was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints the most powerful spirit filled the room. You could fill that our Heavenly Father was very pleased that Stewart had chosen to be baptized. It was very sweet. But then the funny moment of the day was when Stewart was going into the water Jacob yells, "Stewart bend your knees!" You couldn't help but laugh. Then as Paige Browning (Jessica's sister) was giving her talk she asked who was going to follow the Holy Ghost and Jacob again yells, "I'm Not", he is such a character!



No comments: