Wednesday, May 28, 2008

THE 4TH RUST BOY HAS ARRIVED

Joshua Samuel Rust
8 lbs. 7 oz. (our smallest yet)
21 inches long
Born on May 14th, 2008 at 3:25p.m.

The boys came to visit the first day but couldn't see him, except through the glass in the nursery. Grammy (Jeff's mom) was staying with the boys while we were in the hospital and I am so grateful to her. It is a hard job to keep up with these little boys, so kudos to her. You earn a spot in their hearts when you take care of them though. Back to the story of the hospital though; when Joshua was born he came out really fast and really pale and they were worried that he might have an internal infection. So they had to give him an IV to get some fluids in him but they couldn't get the IV in him and so wouldn't bring him out. I saw him very little that first day and anyone that came to visit that day didn't get to see him (unless it was through the glass). The next day he was doing better, but still they were worried about him. But all is good now and he is thriving and getting big just like his brothers.

A big CHEESE from big brother Jacob. Is he ready to give up his role as the baby? Yep! He loves being a big boy, just like his brothers.


Little did I know that James was going to be the one that wants to hold little Joshua the most. He loves his little brother and always wants to know where he is and wants to be by him or hold him. It is the gentle side of James, a side we don't get to see very often.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Congratulations! You look beautiful, and you are on your way to birthing your own boys' basketball team! So fun. I had no idea you blogged! I will send you an invite to my blog. :o) Congrats again!

Naoma said...

I am so proud of you!! All by yourself! See I knew you could do it, now I expect to see much more now!! =)

Gigi's Thimble said...

Your family is so cute! I can't believe how great you look in this picture! I always look like death in my hospital pictures. Congratulations!

Amber

oodlesofoversons said...

Hey...it's Andrea...remember me? The one who hasn't actually seen your adorable baby yet!!! Glad to see you posting...you must have NOTHING else to do (HEE HEE!) Love ya--Congratulations!

Naoma said...

I think I made your page cuter than mine!! Thanks for letting me come and hang out and learn about food storage! Love Ya!